Re: electrical connector for Boxtron

Ryan Meador

Hi Alex,

As you probably noticed, it's made by Anderson Power Products.  It is most likely the SB-50 model.  If you unscrew it and look at the bottom, you'll be able to definitively identify the model.

These connectors are genderless (no need to worry about matching male/female), but will only mate with others of the same color.  The contacts that go inside come in a variety of wire sizes, so be sure you get the right ones for your purpose -- it's likely most suppliers will sell the contacts separately from the housing.  Many sizes are available on Amazon (like this one, which includes 8 AWG contacts) if the manufacturer only sells in bulk.  You could also try Digi-Key once you know the part number for the contacts, which you can find in the data sheet.

These are great connectors.  I've used them on many projects.

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 8:28 AM CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
Google this: 50A Breakaway DC Power Connector

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Yacht School - Supporting Amel Owners
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Tue, Jul 2, 2019, 7:24 AM Alex Ramseyer <alexramseyer@...> wrote:
Dear all,
I need to know the name/type of this connector and where I can source it. Can you help?
Regards
Alex Ramseyer
SY NO STRESS
AMEL54 #15