Re: SAILING TO FLORIDA FROM VENEZUELA

Mark Erdos

Alex,

An additional thought: Look at this website or app for planning your trips on the USA coast. It has local bridge names so  you can hail them to open, marinas/fuel, anchorages, and hazards. The hazards include shoaling areas, missing markers etc. www.activecaptain.com

I stand corrected on the airdraft of the Maramu. I should have looked at your boat type more closely. Regardless, the standard height for fixed bridges over the ICW is 65’.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Vista Mar, Panama

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Alejandro Paquin
Sent: Tuesday, July 2, 2019 10:12 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] SAILING TO FLORIDA FROM VENEZUELA

I am considering sailing up to Florida early December, starting from my home port of La Guaira, Venezuela. I don´t think I would stop in Cuba in principle, but maybe Jamaica. Can anyone provide some tips and advice on a proposed route? Best place for US Port of entry and formalities with a foreign flag vessel and crew. What to expect with US Customs. Also any tips on sailing into the ICW in the Miami- Aventura area? Draft and bridges for example. Also, I don not have any holding tanks onbard, is this an issue to consider?
I´m thinking of heading south again in March or April 2020
--
Alex Paquin
S/V " SIMPATICO"
Amel Maramu
Hull #94, 1981

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.