Re: Sunbed upholstery for AMEL 54 2009 / cleaning the watertank

Courtney Gorman

We do the same as Porter however we did not recover our cushions we just leave them on the deck all the time we’re on the boat great place for people like good breezes great views
Cheers
Courtney
svTrippin
54 #101
Secret Harbour Grenada

On Jul 8, 2019, at 3:15 PM, Porter McRoberts via Groups.Io <portermcroberts@...> wrote:

Stefan.
We were in the same position about eight months ago – all these beautiful cushions seemed to do was take up space!

However my wife, being the ingenious one, suggested we cover the cushions in a waterproof Sunbrella covering.   We did so in Panama and now keep the cushions on 100% of the time even if we have the dinghy on the deck and now we have a fantastic star viewing platform at all times!

Regardless of weather the cushions stay nice and clean. We often just use the Sunbrella covering itself as the functional covering of the cushions, and now rarely take the cover off as it looks so good and is so easy to clean with a spritz.

I offer this to you because I was ready to get rid of what I considered a nuisance and now they’ve become one of the things we enjoy most on the boat.

Best of luck!

Porter. (And Helen, the brains)

A54-152 S/V IBIS
Moorea, FP

Excuse the errors.
Sent from my IPhone

On Jul 7, 2019, at 9:21 PM, Stefan Schaufert <mail@...> wrote:

Dear AMEL Group/ Owners,

I want to sell my sunbed cushions/ upholstery for the sun deck (above the aft cabin) on my AMEL 54 - seen on the pictures.
They are in a very good condition, like new.
I guess they were never used.

If anyone is interested, please send me an offer or visit us on board.
We are still in La Rochelle for a few days.

No news from cleaning the watertank so far, but Olivier told me, there are 4 (not 3) compartements, means 4 accesses ... :-)
Good to know.

Best regards
Stefan
A54 / 119/ LADY CHARLYETTE / La Rochelle

<D4FF863C-ABB2-4A4C-BA30-B8D659C2265C.jpeg>