Re: Mastervolt alternator overcharging

Aldo Roldan

Had a related problem once. It was blamed on the Mastervolt regulator. Replaced it. Problem continued. It was later determined that wire connections had become loose after 1200 miles passage.

On Jul 3, 2019, at 1:25 PM, Joerg Esdorn via Groups.Io <jhe1313@...> wrote:

On my 55, I have a 110A/24v Mastervolt alternator for the house bank and the alpha pro regulator.  I’ve had the battery temp alarm come on several times now because the regulator does not switch from Bulk to absorption.  On my voltmeter on the panel, voltage is 30-31V and charge rate goes up and down quickly from 10-40A, all with the batteries full after days on shore charger.   I checked out the regulator with the Masteradjust software and the sense and battery voltage was just below the 28.5V for the switch to absorption.   So the regulator is seeing 2-2.5V less than what the batteries have - I checked the voltmeter with my multitester.   At the suggestion of Pochon, I just replaced the regulator but that wasn’t the problem.
Any idea what could be wrong would be much app!

Joerg Esdorn
A55 Kincsem
just left Barcelona for Valencia