From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Willem Kroes
Sent: 09 July 2019 13:29
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Sterilize the watermaker

In november 2017 I spoke with two Dessalator representatives on the MET's in Amsterdam. I asked them about to sterilize the membranes of my DUO 60. The answer was quite simple: It is not necessary to do that. Just after a long time of not use, turn the system on without pressure for about 40 minutes and the slowly increase pressure during 10 minutes not further than the first quarter of the meter. After that, increase pressure until the system comes to produce. I used this method now for two season starts and it works great. Chemicals in the end will destroy the system and will shorten the lifespan of the membranes, they told me.

I spoke to:

Vincent Koster, Systems engineer: vincent@... and
Martin de Jong, Director - manager (DENIA, Spain and France): spain@...

--