Re: Manual Outhaul system

Matt Salatino

Would it be just as easy to replace the motor?
I’m sure Amel doesn’t wind their own motors, and someone knows the source?

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

On Jul 11, 2019, at 2:42 PM, Ellen Cahill <ellencahill@...> wrote:

Hi,

We have had a number of issues with out mainsail outhaul motor and so we have had to macgyver a manual system more than once. We hope to fix/replace the motor but I'd like a more permanent solution for a manual outhaul system that you could engage.

Has anyone here figured something out?

I plan to use the existing outhaul car and line. To do so I plan to remove the center bolt from the grip to disengage the motor and make a pin bracket to fit in the grip and allow it to spin without the motor. I can then have a new outhaul line from the back of the boom, thought a pully attached to the car, back through a check block on the boom and up to a cleat on the boom, close to the goose neck.

It would be great to hear some thoughts on this.

Thanks,
Ellen Cahill,
Ireland

SV Saol Nua