Re: B & G Depth Sounder

Gary Silver

Hello Hajo:

My SM #335 has the depth sounder wired to the B & G Hydra 2000 computer at the nav station with orange/white wire going to terminal 30 and orange/green wire going to terminal 29.  These are solder tinned wires that fit under a clamping terminal strip.  If yours is similar you might look at those connections for any signs of oxidation or corrosion.  Perhaps treat the terminals with Corrosion X after inspecting them.  Any signs of cable chafe or other intermittency in the cabling (excessive bends etc)?  I do not believe there is a connector at the transducer but I don't recall for sure, if there is one then an inspection of the pins and sockets of such would be helpful.  Clean up those contacts if they exist.

All the best,

Gary S. Silver
s/v Liahona    Amel SM 2000 # 335