Re: Hoping to tour an Amel Santorin in USA

David Wallace

The owners of Cayenne, Hannes and Sabine (from Austria) are both tall and I don't ever remember hearing them complain about the aft cabin headroom. Their boat is now in Australia and they are home in Austria for a time. I'll ask them to get in touch with you.

On Jul 11, 2019, at 9:29 AM, Will Marks <William.L.Marks@...> wrote:

Hey Ian,
Thanks for the heads up about the aft berth. At 6'1" it may be a little tight, but I can't imagine ruling out the boat over that unless it totally egregious and I have to sleep in the fetal position. A very generous forum member has already emailed me with an offer to let us visit their boat in Florida, so will hopefully get a chance to find out for myself very soon.

The only Santorin that I have ever stepped aboard, circa 2009 in Carriacou, was owned by a rather tall German couple. I believe the boat was named Cayenne. Unless I am totally mis-remembering the gentleman's stature, it would suggest that they found a way to make it work.

A much appreciated tip, either way.

-Will