Re: Manual Outhaul system

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Paul and Ellen. I like Pauls set up in that it is totally adjustable from the cockpit, perfect. I can add a level of simplicity. You do not need to remove the endless Amel outhaul line. Just remove the locating bolt in the top of the front wheel and it will spin free of the motor.

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 12 July 2019 at 01:15 Paul Osterberg <osterberg.paul.l@...> wrote:

Ellen!
there is a rather easy way to set up a convenient back up system, i have been forced to do that two times.
Mount a block at the connection where the boom and mast meets. Take a line to the block at the back end of the bom and attache it to the sail, the other end you take to a block at the rail and lead it back to the cockpit, see attached photos, Maybe you do not like the way I attached the block at the boom base, the pictures are from my first attempt I have tried different ways, you can experiment what you find suits you, I use soft chakle .
the set up work very well.
Paul on SY Kerpa SM 259 in Horta