Re: Manual Outhaul system

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

OK Paul, I thought you had attached a block at the outer end in one of the notched hook cutouts or to the tang the topping lift is attached to. Thats what I did. (notched cutouts) Since things always go wrong at the worst possible time the saving in time by not removing the endless cord may be useful. However if the length of time it was to be in place is significant it is a neater solution. I did the process early in my ownership before I discovered how often brushes worn or sticking caused the motor to malfunction, and how quick and simple it is to deal with. In any event mine was in place breifly.

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 12 July 2019 at 10:18 Paul Osterberg <osterberg.paul.l@...> wrote:

Dan: You must detach the out haul line as the block at the outer end of the boom is used
Ian by using the secondary winch in the cockpit you can maneuver the out-haul from the cockpit, actually it is very convenient, an added benefit there is no slip which can occur sometimes in very strong wind.
Paul SY Kerpa SM#259