Re: Grohe faucet replacement

karkauai

You are correct about the adapter needed, 3/8” NPT to 3/8” compression fitting.  I just put a new faucet in my forward head and got the adapters at Home Depot.  The faucet had a seal that didn’t require the interior parts of the compression fitting.

When I did this last winter changing out my galley faucet, the adapter package labeled as what I wanted had been packaged with the wrong parts.  I’d take the parts with you and make sure you get what you think you’re getting.

Kent & Iris
Kristy
SM 243

On Jul 11, 2019, at 3:43 PM, Thomas Peacock <peacock8491@...> wrote:

First of all, I am not a plumber.
However, we just replaced the original kitchen faucet with a US brand Comllen. The threads on the boat galley pipes are pipe thread. Not sure exactly what was on the new faucet, but an adapter readily available at the local hardware store (US) did the trick.
If I could get it to work, then almost anyone can. By the way, the new faucet is great, spray option and the end pulls out about 18 inches. Don’t know why we didn’t replace it years ago, makes washing dishes so much easier.
Tom Peacock
SM 240 Aletes
Long Island Sound

On Jul 11, 2019, at 3:29 PM, Thomas Kleman <lorient422@...> wrote:

Before I buy anything I want to be sure I understand the connection issues. If I buy a Grohe faucet in the US I can install it on my boat without an adapter if I use the supply lines already in my boat. If I use the Grohe supplied lines that come with the faucet, I need an adapter because they would be 3/8 inch NPT vs 3/8 inch BSPT. Is this correct or am I totally missing it ?