Re: owner of SY Phantom

Joerg Esdorn

I have a W@S on my 55.  I use it for longer distances - overnight trips.  I find that together with wind generator and 400 W solar, the hydro covers all or almost all consumption with 2 fridges and a freezer and the autopilot running all the time.   I sometimes have to turn it off because the batteries are full. I have not re-programmed the regulator.  I have tried different size props and interestingly the smaller one seems to produce more current.  The one downside I have seen is that it needs to be on the leeward side except in very light reaching conditions.  Otherwise it will come out of the water.  So on the 55 you really need two because switching sides at sea is not possible.