Re: Hot water pressure

Thomas,

You should have an accumulator tank installed in the hot water circuit near the water heater. This will accommodate the increase pressure when the main engine reaches an operating temperature of 80C. The rubber bladder inside the accumulator tank may be defective. When the accumulator tank bladder leaks, the accumulator tank can no longer function. You should check for this.  If the accumulator tank  has been removed, you should replace it.

If you have an accumulator tank  and the bladder is OK, the next time the relief valve opens, measure the temperature of the engine at the coolant water pump or the oil filter. It should be 80C after the engine has been running for 1 hour in normal weather conditions. If it is higher than 8%, you may have an issue with your engine.

I hope that this helps you and others with this issue.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 8:45 AM Thomas Kleman <lorient422@...> wrote:
On my basic 40 the pressure relief valve is constantly tripping (especially when water is heated by running engine). Also the sealing o-ring can deform and block part of the flow. I'd check those things too.