Re: Hot water pressure and hot water accumulator tank

Thomas, the purpose of the hot water accumulator tank is to take care of the increased pressure in the hot water system caused by heating the water. Heating water increases the pressure in a closed system and increased pressure can harm components. The accumulator does not increase the storage of hot water.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 11:13 AM Thomas Kleman <lorient422@...> wrote:
Bill- thanks as always for the great info. So this tank is just an 8 liter reservoir for my basic 40 ? Does it only allow ingress under some kind of pressure ?  If not it merely expands my basic 40 into a basic 48, I suppose the additional 20 pct capacity prevents my pressure relief valve from tripping ?