Re: Shore power contactor burnt out

Mark Erdos

This LC1 D25008 is the switch that changes you automatically from shore/genset power. The wiring of this device can be somewhat confusing to the novice. If you are unsure, get an electrician.

The device needs to be replaced. It probably melted due to corrosion on the bare ends of the wires. This causes heat and then fire. You will need to trim back the wire cable to check for damaged wire.

I had two of these devices fail on Cream Puff and because of this I opted to replace it with a manual switch. Since we live on the boat full time we are either at anchor or on the hook. Changing over the manual switch is not a big deal. I installed one of these: https://www.bluesea.com/products/9019/AC_Rotary_Switch_-_OFF_%2B_2_Positions_240V_AC_65A

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Vista Mar, Panama

www.creampuff.us