Re: Shore power contactor burnt out

Is this the box:
image.png
If so, Mark is correct...and more importantly, failure of this relay means that you should not operate the generator until the relay is replaced, or the relay is replaced with a traditional 220 volt shore power-generator power selector switch is installed. The image above is from my Amel Book.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 7:31 AM Eamonn Washington <eamonn.washington@...> wrote:
Thanks for the explanation Mark.

I rarely connect to shore power (650W solar panels), but I’ll try to replace it with an equivalent automatic switch.  But out of interest, if you install a manual switch, did you place it in an easier to access location (like near the generator switch in the galley)?  I might do that if it fails again.

Thanks again
--
Eamonn Washington
Travel Bug