Re: Shore power contactor burnt out

Mark,

The contactor relay is not in the engine room on early SMs. See the photo I attached earlier. It is inside the cockpit lazarette.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Yacht School - Supporting Amel Owners
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019, 9:25 AM Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

Eamonn,

I put the switch in the engine room in the same location as the contactor.  This was the easiest location since it did not require splicing or replacing the main power cable. The switch required a larger junction box. I never start the genset without checking the oil so popping down to the engine room to change the switch is not a big deal. However, there have been a few times when I wish I had located the switch next to the remote start in the galley. If I had to do it over, I’d probably put it here.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Vista Mar, Panama

www.creampuff.us