Re: Shore power contactor burnt out

In early model SMs the Shore/Generator relay switch box was located in the Lazarette, in later models behind the generator.

Attached is a page from my Amel Book showing both locations.

It is important to note that there was no breaker protection at the point of entry on all SMs. These shore power wires are getting old and many are beyond life expectancy. When replacing the shore power wire on a SM, te owner might consider leaving the old wire in place from the generator/shore power relay control box that we are discussing to a point inside the port side of the Lazarette. At that point install a double pole 20 amp breaker on a newly installed box. From this newly installed box and breaker install a new shore power wire and plug.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 11:29 AM Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

Bill,

Mine is located behind the genset. I may have been relocated by the previous owner when the Charles Isolation Transformer was installed in the lazarette.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Vista Mar, Panama

www.creampuff.us