Re: Refueling from Deck

I was not going to post this, but..........

If you set the jerry can above the tank you are filling, you can safely siphon without a "gizmo."
  • Place the jerry can at a level above the fuel tank fill opening
  • Place a piece of hose in the jerry can with the end near the bottom of the jerry can
  • Place the other end in the tank fill opening, or in a filter which is inserted into the tank
  • Place a clean rag around the opening of the jerry can where the hose is inserted
  • Blow into the opening on the jerry can (you can use your wet vac in reverse for this...I didn't)
  • Fuel will begin to siphon from the jerry jug into the tank
My grandkids loved learning this. 😀

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 7:40 AM Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

These are great. We have one. I also use it to transfer fuel for the dinghy. It is possible to leave the fuel can on the deck and the dink in the water. Saves trying to use a big funnel and spilling gas in the dinghy.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Vista Mar, Panama

www.creampuff.us