Re: Refueling from Deck

James Sterling

Bill, yeah you gotta love science of physics.  These are non-vented military style cans and I'm not blowing into anything anyway :).  These little cheapy siphons work well but they coil them up so tight the attached hose collapses easily and at least in my case was useless.  I suggest getting the shortest they sell (cheapest) and cut the hose off and replace with good clear PVC.  It won't kink or collapse.  Mine is a 7/8" unit so the replacement PVC hose of 3/4" press fit on the siphon valve without needing a clamp.  A delivery captain friend carries just the valve and separate clean hose in his suitcase when flying out to pick up a delivery boat.