Re: Shore power contactor burnt out

Eamonn Washington

Hi

the failed contactor also melted the socket leaving the boat for the shore, and it turns out also damaged either the stator or rotor of the generator with an estimated rewind price of around 2000 euros and also involves taking the generator out of the boat for a week.

I could get it repaired in Sicily, but if anyone can recommend a place to repair the generator in the Western Mediterranean I would appreciate it.  We can live without the generator for a month or so.  Is it really necessary to remove the Onan 6.5kW generator to repair the stator or rotor?

Thanks

--
Eamonn Washington
Travel Bug