Forward and Captains Berth Panel Lining

Paul Stascavage

Good day all.

We are looking to replace the lining material on the forward berth and captains berth wall panels (see attached photos).  The current material is similar if not the same as that which covers the foam berth mattresses and appear to be glued on.  The lining is worn, stained , etc.  We wish to replace it with the same material that lines our ceilings and shower walls - a vinyl like material that will be more durable and easier to clean/maintain (we were able to order some from Amel).

I believe earlier SM had the pleated cushion material velcroed into place in the forward berth.  Not sure what the earlier models had in the captains berth.  Does anyone have any experience dealing with re-lining these areas? I don’t know if these panels are removable or how we should proceed as it appears it would be quite difficult to deal with the areas that meet the mahogany wood bulkheads..

Any and all ideas/assistance will be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Paul Stascavage
SM #466 - s/v Rita Kathryn
Currently Exploring City Island, NY