Re: Spade Anchor

Matt Salatino

Fatty Goodlander wrote an excellent book on anchoring.
He has a technique that is simple and foolproof.
I recommend his method, and his book.
I’m in no way related, just a happy reader.....
We had a Rocna, by the way, on our previous Moody. Worked fine, even in reversals.
I think technique has a big impact on anchoring success.
We’re equipping our new Amel with an Ultra..... The Rocna won’t fit in the bow sprit.....

On Jul 19, 2019, at 3:03 PM, Ian <parkianj@...> wrote:

I switched to Rocna after the shaft on my Spade bent. The shank on the spade is hollow. It may well have caught in rock. I don’t know. But the Spade should fit easily in the bow roller.

Ian

Ocean Hobo SN96