Re: Spade Anchor

Gary Silver

Paul:  I fitted an Aluminum Spade Anchor - Model # 1294552 - (?? weight I am guessing about 55 lbs) in 2008.  It has set the first time every time since and the only time it dragged was when I had hooked an underwater cable and it slid along it.  Sets in every type of seabed I have encountered in the last 11 years.  I now notice I have some pitting in the tip of the aluminum where the lead is but still seems structurally sound, have had no shank bending and other than the two pitts in the tip there is no other corrosion noticeable.  Fits perfectly on my boat. Highly recommended.

Gary S. Silver
s/v Liahona    Amel SM 2000 # 335
On the hard in Puerto Del Rey Marina, Puerto Rico