Re: Panama Crime on the Caribe Side

Matt Salatino

I’m reading that one of those boats decided not to go to Trinidad, and sailed to the Canaries, instead. I haven’t corroborated that source, but at least for me, the jury is out.....

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

On Jul 20, 2019, at 1:29 AM, eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Mark,

I understand that in the last few weeks 2 sailboats have disappeared and no word has been heard from them.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mark Erdos
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2019 5:51 PM
To: AmelYachtOwners@groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Panama Crime on the Caribe Side

Heads up to owners in the Panama area on the Caribbean side. There has been a serious rash of armed robberies between Shelter Bay Marina and the San Blas Islands. Linton Bay is especially volatile at this time. Several boats anchored in various bays were boarded by armed thieves. Details of the robberies can be found on CSSN https://safetyandsecuritynet.org/. At this point no arrest have been made and the robberies are expected to continue.

Please be extra vigilant if your plans include sailing in these waters anytime soon.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Vista Mar, Panama

www.creampuff.us