Re: C-Map vs Navionics charts

Elja Röllinghoff Balu SM 222

He Joerg
I have the same with Navionics in a Raymarine Plotter
On my i Pad i have a lot of more infotmations for the deep and more details

Elja
SY Balu
SM 222

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 21.07.2019 um 13:31 schrieb Joerg Esdorn via Groups.Io <jhe1313=yahoo.com@groups.io>:

i have C Map on my Furuno TZ Plotter and Navionics on my iPad as a backup. I’ve been noticing that the C Map charts for the Med often lack detail where we cruising sailors need it most: many little bays suitable as anchorages are just blue without soundings. On the Navionics charts, on the other hand, I often have significant depth soundings and contours and rocks not shown on C map. And there are other inaccuracies as well. Just now on my way south to Carthagena I passed a fish farm 5 miles from land that is not on my C map chart but is shown on Navionics. And I just updated the C map ( but not Navionics).

Is this experience typical for C map in other regions of the world as well? I’m thinking seriously about buying Navionics for the Atlantic. Can you mix C map and Navionics on the same plotter?