Re: Hot water pressure

David,

The simple answer is air is getting into the hot system at a point where the air entry is not "wet."

I'll take a wild guess:

Here are 3 things to look at, in order of probability:
There is some trapped air in the hot water tank and eventually will stop
The electric thermostat is not turning OFF the heating element, allowing boiling inside the tank.
If the pressure relief valve is located above the tank waterline, it may be leaking, allowing air to pass into the tank.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Yacht School - Supporting Amel Owners
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Jul 21, 2019, 12:44 AM Davi Rozgonyi <davi.rozgonyi@...> wrote:
I have a tangential hot water question on our SM.... it sputters... good pressure but there what is best described as a mix of air that causes the flow to sputter when any 'hot' component is added to the water. Cold water / and freshwater pump run fine with no sputtering.... any ideas?