Re: Spade Anchor

Eamonn Washington

Hi

I have 2 spades, S140, the still unused and bubble wrapped spare from Ian and Judy plus the one I use daily.  2 years ago I anchored on Ios in F10 for a couple of days and It held while boats dragged all around me.  In the straits of Messina, with a 4 knot current, we anchored and endured some 180 degree current shifts, and again it held perfectly.

If I was buying new I would go for the S160 probably, although with the S140 I always slept well.  I was impressed by the Ultra in boat shows.  I believe the newer Rocnas are good, but not for me.

--
Eamonn Washington
Travel Bug