Re: C-Map vs Navionics charts

I am sure that you all know this about Vector Charts: There is a huge amount of information embedded in these chart files. Some chart plotting programs allow you to select what will be displayed. If you are a user of OpenCPN, you have probably noticed about 100 display options. The same Vector chart on Other Chart plotting programs offer very few options.

Apples, oranges, and onions🙃

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Yacht School - Supporting Amel Owners
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Jul 21, 2019, 7:26 AM Peter Forbes <ppsforbes@...> wrote:
We found C-Map very good in our circumnavigation - I had Avionics as my constantly running reserve system but C - Map proved good for us.

Peter
Peter Forbes
0044 7836 209730
Carango  Sailing Ketch
Amel 54 #035
In La Rochelle

On 21 Jul 2019, at 13:18, Paul Osterberg <osterberg.paul.l@...> wrote:

We always try to have minimum two different systems. Navionics is one of them, but they have a few nasty mistakes in The Bahamas as example. As back up we have oppenCPN with various charts, iPad and android om which we download what ever we find recommended locally.
Open CPN is very good for planning and have an excellent anchor watch
Paul on SY Kerpa SM 259 Horta