Re: Shore power contactor burnt out

Mark Erdos

Here is a source for the contactor: https://www.eibmarkt.com/cgi-bin/eibmarkt.storefront/5d3498c9007021c62746ac1e04020600/Product/View/NS0742502

I believe the original was rated 25A – I may be wrong about this.

Also, consider Amel as a part source on this. If the old part is no longer available perhaps they can suggest a replacement.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Vista Mar, Panama

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Eamonn Washington
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2019 12:23 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Shore power contactor burnt out

The full description of the original contactor is LC1-D25008-M7.  It is discontinued.  I have ordered a used one on ebay, so I could eventually do a like for like swap, but I have been unable to find a good substitute new model.  I would much prefer to use a new product.  Does anyone know what product would meet the specification of the original (including rated for 40A continuous current etc.)

Craig, based on your advice, I am looking for a place where I can get the rewinding of the stator or rotor done.  It was really great to read that it is not necessary to remove the generator.  I will see around Sardinia, or points West of here.  Much appreciated!

--
Eamonn Washington
Travel Bug
Super Maramu #151
Currently in Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy.

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.