Re: Autoprop H6 Tools

Mark Erdos

Duane,

Buy an Adjustable Pin Wrench. I’m not sure this would fit but it gives you the idea of what to shop for: https://www.lowes.com/pd/3-Piece-7-5-in-Stainless-Steel-Adjustable-Wrench-Set/1000374705

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Vista Mar, Panama

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Duane Siegfri via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2019 1:52 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Autoprop H6 Tools

I'm preparing to replace the bearings in my Autoprop.  I've got the H6 LH (left hand) Tab Screw model.

You need a "Peg Spanner" to get the round outer covers off, and another "Peg Spanner" to get the Tab Screw off, and a "Nut Spanner" to get the Tab Screw Nut off.  The combined cost of these tools from Brunton is over $370, which is crazy excessive. The boat is in Grenada, and I'm in the midwest. 

There are a variety of "Adjustable Pin Wrenches" on Amazon, but I need the diameter of the "pin" holes in the cover, as well as the diameter of the pins in the Tab Screw.  Does anyone have that info?

The "Nut Spanner" looks like a socket with the perimeter filed down leaving four "legs".  This is the expensive tool at $192.  I don't know that anyone makes something similiar that would work, any suggestions?  I think I saw on this forum that someone had filed down a socket to fit but I can't find that post or file.

Just FYI I made my own "Prop Puller" from a piece of aluminum plate with three holes for the zinc nose cone bolts and a large hole in the center.  Using this aluminum plate with my bearing puller (Harbor Freight $50) does a great job of popping the prop off.  Brunton wants $236 for the same tool.

If I can get this info together I'll post drawings of the tool fabrication in the files section.

Thanks,
Duane
Wanderer, SM#477

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.