Re: Autoprop H6 Tools

Paul Stascavage

Duane,

I just did the rebuild a few months ago. Supposedly, King Propulsion will loan you the tools. When I needed them there was a boat show going on somewhere and I couldn’t get a response so I ended up biting the bullet and buying them. A machine shop could make them for at least half the price.

Email me your address and I will ship them to you. You can ship them back to me when you are done. I would suggest having them made by a machine shop while you have them in your possession but not until you have used them. This way you will have some ideas for improvements.

I highly recommend watching the rebuild videos on the YouTube King Propulsion channel.

Even with the tools and using an extension for leverage, I was unable to get the end caps off. I ended up having a machine shop do that for me. Both heat and leverage were needed to get mine off.

The entire job took me much longer than I anticipated. I also found conflicting information regarding torque specifications for putting everything back together. I forget at the moment what I ended up going with but I have an accessible write up that is not accessible at the moment if you want me to look up my notes.

Write me if you have any questions.

Also a huge FYI. In the King Propulsion videos, he attacks the end caps as if they are LH threads in one video and RH in another. They are RH threads.

All the Best,

Paul Stascavage
S/V Rita Kathryn SM #466

RitaKathryn.com