From: karkauai <karkauai@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Amel] Upgrading Electronics
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, January 18, 2009, 12:52 PM

Ahoy, all,

I'm considering adding a chart-plotter to my
electronics and hoped

you "old salts" could give me some thoughts on
what you are using...

user-friendliness, compatibility with ?standard? Amel
packages,

availability of service, and anything else you consider
important in

choosing one of these systems.

I've only done paper-chart navigation with GPS backup,
and trying to

read about these systems without actually using them is
like reading

them "en Francaise" (-;

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can offer.

Kent

1999SM "Kristy", previously
"Enchantment"