Re: Spinnaker Pole Strut Support

The issue is light rain or humid mornings will cause the salt to run down the shroud. Heavy rain will rinse everything very good.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 1:30 PM Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:

Hi Bill, I have never done that freshwater rinse and have not had the problem, I wondered why and then realised rain does quite a good job. Perhaps where I am and have been has more regular rainfall.

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 24 July 2019 at 02:35 CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

What I have seen happen is that salt accumulates where the stainless steel tubing is crimped and folded over the shrouds and held in place with a bolt.

This is an important area to rinse with freshwater after each sailing and weekly if in harbour. Salt that has accumulated on the entire length of the shroud will run down the shroud and accumulate at this point. Freshwater rinsing solves the issue.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 3:37 PM Ian < parkianj@...> wrote:
Miles,
On my previous boat (not an Amel) I got rid of the plastic shroud covers because they collected and held rainwater. All the wire underneath the plastic had rust marks on it.
I have moved my boomerangs and there was no real sign of corrosion. But our Santorin had no plastic covers, just clamped straight to the shrouds.

Ian

Ocean Hobo SN96