Re: 1986 Amel Maramu 46 Mainsail Furling Motors

Elja Röllinghoff Balu SM 222

Bill and Sam
I am sorry but i dont read it is a Maramu
Thenk you Bill to clear it

Best Elja
SM Balu

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 23.07.2019 um 22:02 schrieb CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...>:

BE CAREFUL. A Maramu is a 12 volt boat and a Super Maramu is 24 volt. The motors are different: Apples:Oranges.

Samantha, it may not be possible to replace with OEM devices on a 30 year old boat, but if anyone can do it, it is Amel.

You should follow the instructions on the attached to order a part. If you are asking Amel where you can buy the motor or how to contact Leroy Somers, you are absolutely asking the wrong question. You should be requesting a quote and you should include all of the steps outlined in the attached.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 10:42 AM Elja Röllinghoff Balu SM 222 <Bijorka@...> wrote:
I ordert one by Amel 4 weeks ago
For SM 222
I think the will have in Stok
It is not possibel to order by Leroy somer ore other way only by Amel

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 23.07.2019 um 18:26 schrieb Samantha Jane Bartlett <bartlettsam@...>:

Hi,

I've been through all the info in the messages here and we've been trying to get an answer from Amel for weeks with no success - Our mainsail furling and outhaul motors are completely rusted up (inherited problem) and we need to replace them.  They are 3 pole motors but I can't get any info on the specs - closest I've found on here is a Leroy Somer MBT82-M?? 3,100 revs and 450W...

I've trawled the Leroy Somer website and googled for a supplier but I'm still struggling - can anyone confirm the specs and a supplier?  We've installed a work-around with a Quick windlass motor but I'm pretty sure we've overpowered it... it would be great to have some specs so that we can replace them with the right ones!

Thank you!
Sam

<Ordering from Amel.pdf>