Re: 1986 Amel Maramu 46 Mainsail Furling Motors

Bill Fletcher

Hi I own a 85 Maramu and have had to have these motors repaired. They may be rusty but a good DC motor rebuilder can usually get them working again. They are just a old 12Volt dc starter motor. The problem sounds like a stuck or warn out brush. I don’t know where you are but there is usually a rebuilder that can help you out. Good luck.
Fair winds
Bill Fletcher
Tahitian Dream
Maramu 179

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 8:21 AM Samantha Jane Bartlett <bartlettsam@...> wrote:
Thanks Bill,

We have asked for a quote from both Amel in Martinique and SAV in France - my husband has spoken with them in French (he's French) and we are still getting no joy.  I understand it's a 33 year old boat but if they would just give us the spec of the motor - or an equivalent, we can work with it!  He's going to try and call again tomorrow to France... but this has been going on a long time now and we're no further forward.  Our old motors are just too rusty to get any info from!