From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Eamonn Washington
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2019 12:25 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Shore power contactor burnt out

Hi

the good news is that I found a competent electrician in Cagliari, Sandro (tel 3476327483, only speaks Italian), and a place to get the stator rewound (Matta Electromeccanica, tel 070 284 647).  Without the helpful staff at Marina del Sole I would not have got this far.

The stator weighs about 60kg, the copper had completely melted.  The rotor was fine.  Matta will charge 500 euros plus 22% VAT for the rewinding of the stator.

I will install a double pole 20A breaker in a box in the aft lazarette like Bill suggested.  (I don’t want this generator problem again.)  Also I will install a manual relay switch in the galley to replace the burnt out contactor in the cockpit locker, with a middle OFF position, rated for at least 32A.

Thanks for all the support on this forum, it provided invaluable help.

Eamonn Washington
Travel Bug
Super Maramu #151
Currently in Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy.