Re: washing machine and dryer for Amel 54

Arno Luijten

You will have fun finding a replacement. There are a few that you may be able to find with the same size.

I saw this at some point:

Bosch WLT24440

and/or Siemens WS12K440/WS10K460/WS10K160/WS10K360

But I’m not sure if they are still available

Bear in mind that Amel added some bolt-holes in the bottom to secure the machine.

Apparently you can remove the washer as one unit. The dryer needs to be taken apart completely in situ as it is too big.

The dryer was modified quite a bit by Amel. Basically they cut the lower back right corner off the machine and rerouted the exhaust through the bottom.

The dryer can still be obtained in the UK last time I checked:

White Knight C37AW 3 kg Dimensions  (H) 67 x (W) 50 x (D) 47cm (same machine, different brand)

White Knight C39AS 3.5 kg Dimensions: H67cm x W50cm x D47cm (bit more capacity because of reversing drum)

In my case I ended up replacing the heater element of the dryer as it was broken and repainting parts of both machines. They work fine now.

Arno Luijten,

SV Luna, A54-121