Re: [Amel] Re: LED light bulbs

john martin <symoondog@...>

Hi I was just getting ready to answer Mark when you e-mailed. I used the sensibulb for the oval globes over the nav station,the engine room and the light under the dodger. The flat glass on the lights in the heads and galley didn't have enough height for the sensibulb so I went with the G4 bulb, its a side mounted,flat light bulb that fits nicely in the fixture. I use my cockpit light with an anchor light at night because it uses so little juice and gives the boat a nice glow at night. The G4 is sold by a lot of places,but hard to find 24 volts. I bought 1 from marinebeam.com but the best company is the ledshoponline.com. click on the marine division. He,s in Australia. Real nice people. For the lights with shades on them I'm going to try the same bulb that Mark is using in the anchor light. I found it for $40.00 at mastlight.com. They also have the G4 but only in 12 volts. What did you use for the bulbs in the lamps with shades, or did you replace the whole fixture? John "Moondog" SM248

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.comFrom: kanalmamman@hotmail.comDate: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 20:29:36 +0000Subject: [Amel] Re: LED light bulbs

Hi JohnWe have replaced almost all our lamps with LED. Inside we have LED from Sailors Solutions Sensibulb. They give the same color, warmth and strenght as the original bulbs.Our navigation lights are Hella OnDeck Level. In the mast we haveLupolight on bothe steam and tricolor as well as on deck lights.The Lupolights are expensive but they are worth every penny.Annsofie and JonasS/Y Lady AnnilaSM 232