From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bernd Spanner
Sent: Thursday, August 1, 2019 3:52 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] VP MD22L

Hi everyone!
Following problem on a SN (119 From 1995)
Engine VP MD22 L
I have the following problem...
After a few hours engine ops the sweat water (coolant circuit) becomes saltwater. I suspected the leak in the bundle (the tube with the many small holes, about 40 cm long in the heat exchanger). I did a pressure check on this part with a compressor today and there seems to be NO leak. I slowly come to the end of my ideas... ? The engine is still good for it’s age, but running on saltwater will kill it sooner or later 😢 Anyone with some hints n ideas for me?!
Greets
--
Bernd
SN 119 / Cascais, Portugal