Re: VP MD22L

Craig Briggs

That seems reasonable, Eric. It does seem a long shot and one I certainly haven't encountered. So if there is a leak in the water heater heat exchanger I guess it could force fresh water into the coolant when the engine is cool with no pressure.  That seemingly would have the engine be filled by the fresh water pump and likely drain into the bilge through the pressure cap overflow tube. That doesn't seem consistent with Berndt saying the engine coolant fills up when the engine is hot. The plot thickens !! ... but a good mystery.
Craig