Re: Port and Door Holders...

Mark McGovern

Mark,

We had several of these mushrooms completely missing when we bought our SM ~2 years ago and could not find replacements anywhere.  My extremely clever wife Denise came up with a "temporary" solution that is still working to this day.  She used Sugru Mouldable Glue to make her own mushrooms and they have been working great for 2 years now.

In the USA it's available online at Amazon, Target, Walmart, eBay, etc. However, its a UK based company so I am sure it available in the EU/UK as well.

Some pics of one of her handmade mushrooms as well as the Sugru box are attached below:

We have also have had surprisingly good success using this to fix some broken "fingers" on cabin top lockers. It really is great stuff to have around the boat!

Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara
Deale, MD USA