From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of karkauai via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2019 11:05 PM
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] [Amel Yacht Owners] rudder post packing nut size

Thanks Eric, any idea how long the packing material might last if kept in a vacuum sealed bag?

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
SM 243

On Aug 2, 2019, at 10:17 PM, eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Hi ,
Here is a photo of a wrench that I made to tighten the nut. It is made from a piece of 6 mm aluminum stock and cut out with a band saw.

You can also make a long "L" shaped piece of stainless steel the vertical part of the L will hold the nut in place and the horizontal section is drilled for screws and this screws into the base below the nut.

I expanded the stuffing box and now have 5 pieces of packing in the stuffing box. I have kept the packing in a plastic zip lock bag taped with duct tape near the rudder stock along with a packing nut.
Fair Winds
Eric
Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376