Re: Spinniker or parasailor

Paul Brown

Thanks Porter, I appreciate your information and response, food for thought.

Regards Paul

On 3 Aug 2019, at 8:30 pm, Porter McRoberts via Groups.Io <portermcroberts@...> wrote:

To do over...  (I have an asymmetrical spinnaker) I’d get a parasailor: put on one side and pole out the Genoa on the other for deep sailing in low wind. Put the Genoa to wind. We did that a fair amount crossing the pacific, but the parasailor I think would hold shape better. I think we have similar pole hardware forward.

Porter
A54-152

Excuse the errors.
Sent from my IPhone

On Aug 2, 2019, at 11:39 PM, Paul Brown <feeder.brown@...> wrote:

hello all, I am inquiring for some advice on purchasing a symmetrical spinniker or parasail to sail directly down wind by using the Genoa pole.

does owners have experience with a suitable unit for this purpose and the pros and cons and performance gained?

all advice is very much appreciated

kind regards Paul 55#17

Fortuna II