Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bow locker seals

karkauai

Thanks Danny, are they half-round ie 1” x 1/2”, or taller ie 1” x 1”?

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
SM 243

On Aug 4, 2019, at 5:30 AM, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:

Hi Kent and Bill. I checked on Ocean Pearl today and all the hatch seals unquestionably have the large hole in the center

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 04 August 2019 at 20:11 "karkauai via Groups.Io" <karkauai@...> wrote:

Here’s the site I was looking at.  These are truly half-round with base 1”, height 1/2”(not 1”).

I’ll contact them and Steve’s site to see if I can find 1” x 1” high D profile in neoprene.

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
USA cell: 828-234-6819

On Aug 3, 2019, at 10:42, CW Bill Rouse < brouse@...> wrote:

Steve,

Note that Trim-LOC says it uses EPDM Rubber.

EPDM is related to polyethylene...I assume that this will be similar to polyfoam. The specs state that "compression Rating Recommended 25% compression for the maximum performance." This is where I had a failure with the gasket I previously used. If you notice the weight of the engine room hatch, it will compress the D Gasket to more than 25%, especially if the center hole is large.

Maybe the one that Kent found with a 3/16" hole will be the best.

It will take about 90' to do everything.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sat, Aug 3, 2019 at 1:34 PM Stephen Davis < flyboyscd@...> wrote:
Hi Bill,

How does this product look using the BT Tape?

Regards,
Steve
Aloha SM72