Re: Mango Keel Rust & Repair - Seeking the wisdom of the community

Charles Bell

Bill,

Thank you so much! Your document confirms I am not crazy for immediately coating the exposed metal as I work.

I will take another pass at the areas that are weeping. In both of the weeping areas, I was not as aggressive about removing the fairing material and chasing the rotten metal. I am guessing that is the source of the newly surfacing rust. I will keep chasing these areas with a fresh flap disk and keep updating this post as I run it down.

Charles