Re: Did you catch 4 errors on the Delos series 205?

Delos learned Amel things the hard way, like many of us did in the past. If you learned the hard way, you know how costly that can be. 

Even though they broadcast more than a few errors, they certainly know how to dramatically use their videos to create income. There is a hidden benefit to what they do. They have increased Amel brand awareness to thousands. 

My new-to-Amel clients usually know Delos. I find myself frequently  answering questions beginning with, Delos did it this way..." My answers always begin with, "Yes, let's learn the best way..."

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Yacht School - Supporting Amel Owners
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Aug 4, 2019, 10:05 PM eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:
Hi,
I believe I counted 4 errors on Delos series 205.
How many did you get??
Fair Winds
Eric
Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

-----Original Message-----
From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Heinz Stutenbaeumer
Sent: Saturday, August 03, 2019 7:35 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] [Amel Yacht Owners] rudder post packing nut size

Hallo
In the episodes 204 and 205 of the series Sv Delos on YouTube they show how they restored the hull of the Delos.
In episode 205 after about 50 % you can see how the seal in the rudder is renewed.

Fare Winds
Heinz, SY Quetzal, Super Maramu 200, 292

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> Im Auftrag von karkauai via Groups.Io
Gesendet: Samstag, 3. August 2019 05:05
An: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] [Amel Yacht Owners] rudder post packing nut size

Thanks Eric, any idea how long the packing material might last if kept in a vacuum sealed bag?

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
SM 243

On Aug 2, 2019, at 10:17 PM, eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Hi ,
Here is a photo of a wrench that I made to tighten the nut. It is made from a piece of 6 mm aluminum stock and cut out with a band saw.

You can also make a long "L" shaped piece of stainless steel the vertical part of the L will hold the nut in place and the horizontal section is drilled for screws and this screws into the base below the nut.

I expanded the stuffing box and now have 5 pieces of packing in the stuffing box. I have kept the packing in a plastic zip lock bag taped with duct tape near the rudder stock along with a packing nut.
Fair Winds
Eric
Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

-----Original Message-----
From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arno Luijten
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2019 9:54 PM
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] [Amel Yacht Owners] rudder post packing nut size

As it happens I’ve just ordered a new nut together with the packing material for our boat.
Regrettably the nut is not on stock at Amel, they just ordered new ones themselves but it will be September before they are back on stock.
Looking at your picture you seem to have enough room to tighten the nut 1/6 or 1/3 turn.
Be careful as the nut is made of nylon. A rudder gland should not leak at all. The packing material is grease saturated and should keep the water out.
Use a good fitting wrench to tighten the nut and turn it slowly. Do 1/6th of a turn and first assess the result before turning it any more. If movement is extremely hard, the packing material needs to be replaced first.

Regards,
Arno
SV Luna,
A54-121

<20150625_093338.jpg>

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.