Re: Haul out preparation - use of a dehumidifier

Matt Salatino

Set the dehumidifier on the galley counter. Drain it into the galley sink. Does the galley sink drain overboard, or into a grey water tank? If overboard, no problem. If into a tank, then you’ll need to accommodate a pump.

On Aug 5, 2019, at 9:56 PM, Starfish via Groups.Io <lucyannepearce@...> wrote:

Hi
We are going to haul out our Super Maramu 2000 for 3-4 months in Greneda.

We have been advised to use a dehumidifier to prevent mould/mildew because the boat will be watertight with no ventilation.

Is it alright to let the dehumidifier drain into the bilge pump and leave the power on to let the bilge pump run for 3 months?

Is there a better solution?

Thanks in advance
Lucy