Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Dessslator HP hoses
From: eric freedman
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
CC:

The JIC is a designation of the connection. It does not necessarily have to be reusable. Most are not. I will bet that a hydraulic shop can make you the hoses with stainless steel fittings permanently pressed on.

Did you bring a hose to a bigger hydraulic shop?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

From: eric freedman
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
CC:

Oliver, you can get the JIC fittings at any good hydraulic shop.

From: "Aldo Roldan via Groups.Io"
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
CC:

Alan.  Would you please provide the Dessalator US rep information? I was not aware they had one.  Thank you . Aldo

A55- Araucaria

On Jul 23, 2019, at 11:46 AM, Alan Grayson <bazgrayson@...> wrote:

Hi All, im about to order new HP hoses from the dessalator rep in the US. The end fittings are reusable and so you only need to buy the hose unless like me one of your ends are damaged.
There are 2 options for this.
1: buy the hose from France and any ends that you need. Hose $40 fittings $93.00 each, shipping $70
2: buy new hose and ends from the US. the hose is different and the fittings are slightly different with the same threaded ends. They are not interchangeable. Cost of 2 new hoses $472.00
I'm buying the hose and 1 end fitting from France.
If anyone else wants to buy either hoses or fittings from France and add to my order please let me know by Thurs 25th by noon eastern time. The order will be shipping to me in Annapolis and i'll forward from here if you pay shipping to your destination.
Regards
Alan Grayson
SV Ora Pai
Annapolis, MD