Re: Amel is going lithium

Scott SV Tengah

Edited

Nick,

I can and have run the hot water heater on battery. It's only 700w so similar to the water maker, but of course 220v so inverter inefficiencies come into play.

To clarify, I can do all of those things I mentioned earlier. I can run the water maker on battery alone, I can run AC all night on battery, I can heat water. That is a testament to lithium's ability to handle high current loads with no issue. But those are extraordinary uses - my 960w solar array cannot output enough power if I engage in those high current loads every day. That said, the charging efficiency and current "intake" capacity of lithium makes the panels far more efficient than they would be with lead/agm/gel.

I do cook with induction, dishwasher, microwave daily on battery, though.

Hope this helps.
--
ScottĀ
2007 A54 #69